RESOLUME Arena 7 Download 2E (Educational version )
Resolume Arena Media Server
Arena has everything Avenue has, plus advanced options for projection mapping and blending projectors. Control it from a lighting desk and sync to the DJ via SMPTE timecode.
Educational version for 2 Computers
Live Video Mixing
Resolume puts you in charge. You can play your videos when you want, how you want. Forwards, backwards, scratch and adjust tempo to the beat. Mix and match your visuals quickly and easily and play Resolume like an instrument.
Whatever your style is, Resolume offers you an easy interface to rock it. Use as little or as many videos and effects as you like. The only limit is your computer's raw power and your imagination.
From Your Local Club to Main Stage
You can play on any amount of screens. From a simple screen behind the DJ in your local club to main stage at Ultra. As long as your computer can recognise it as an output, Resolume will let you use it.
Audio Visual Playback
Resolume plays both audio and video files. Animate pixels and drop beats, combine any video file with any audio file.
Audio Visual Effects
Resolume has both audio effects and video effects. Use them separately or combine them to create exciting new audio visual effects.
Make clips and effects dance to the beat. Resolume can analyse audio to make any parameter bounce to the music.
Projection Mapping with Arena
Project video on any type of surface. Complex geometrical structures or whole buildings. Resolume does all the hard work, so you can concentrate on the important part: being creative.
Blend Projectors with Arena
With edge blending you can seamlessly project one beautiful widescreen image with two or more projectors. It can even wrap around for a full 360 degree experience.
Project on Cars, Buildings or Pumpkins
With Arena you can take on any size mapping project. From projecting on DJ booths to cars, buildings and LED mappings on giant stages like Ultra.
Live Composite & Effects
Adjust the scale and position of your clips to suit your needs. Apply effects to drastically change the look of your video. Everything runs on the video card so you get the fastest performance and best image quality possible.
Real Time Rendering
Apply effects, blend, mix, cut and edit, everything happens on the spot.
Audio & Visual Plugins
All visual effects in Resolume are plugins and you can easily add more effects by download 3rd party plugins. You can even program your own using OpenGL. On the audio side you can use VST plugins to play your favourite effects.
Integrate With Other Apps
With Syphon on the Mac and Spout on Windows you can share visuals in real-time between Resolume and other apps running on the same computer. You can even program your own apps that integrate with Resolume.
All Hands on Deck
Liberate yourself from the mouse. Use your favourite MIDI controller or get physical with your iPhone via OSC.
Control from a Lighting Desk
You can control Arena from a lighting desk using DMX. So you can operate the lights and video with the touch of a fader.
- Alpha channel support
- Size of composition and media limited by maximum texture size of video card
- Image mask on clips, layers and composition
- Unlimited number of layers and effects
- Position, rotate, scale and crop all your media
- Animatable parameters
- Dark look to minimise eye fatigue in dark environments
- Single-window layout for most important user interface panes
- Integrated file browser for fast access to media
- Organise clips into decks to load an unlimited amount of preconfigured clips
- Preview the output before it goes live
- Sequence clips using the Auto pilot
- Fully automated clip transitions
- Use BPM clock to play media in time with the music
- Synchronise the BPM clock with other applications via MIDI clock
- Freely assignable crossfader
- Cue points to jump to different sections of a video file
- Reloop clips on the fly using the BeatLoopr
- Find and reconnect moved or missing media
- 40+ transitions and blend modes like Add, Lighten, Alpha, and Lumakey to combine layers and transition between clips
- 70+ video effects included that can be applied to clips, layers and the composition
- 3rd party FreeFrameGL plugins
- Unlimited number of effects can be applied to the clips, layers and composition
- Effect clips enable the same workflow for effects as clips
- Audio effects: Bitcrusher, Distortion, EQ, Flanger, High-Pass, Low-Pass audio effects
- VST audio effects
- Combine video & audio effects to create audio-visual effects
- Control multiple parameters with one dial using the Dashboard
- Quickly save and restore effects presets
- Edge blend multiple projectors to create one seamless image (Arena)
- Amount of outputs limited only by the number of output ports on video card
- Add more outputs by using a splitter like the Matrox TripleHead or Datapath X4
- Warp video to project onto objects. (Arena)
- Windowed or full-screen output to any computer display.
- Record composition to quickly create new clips
- Play unlimited number of Quicktime MOV and AVI video files
- Recommended Codecs: DXV, Photo JPEG, ProRes.
- Display PNG & JPEG Images
- Play GIFs
- Maximum video and image size is determined by the maximum texture size of video card
- Play WAV audio files and the audio track from video files
- Real-time adjust the speed, play direction,
- Set in and out,-point of media files
- Loop, bounce (ping-pong), play once (one shot)
- Input and Output with Blackmagic Design, Datapath and AJA capture cards
- Input video from other applications via Syphon on the Mac and Spout on the PC
- Streaming video between computers via network using NDI
- Control via MIDI, DMX and OSC
- Output and receive DMX via Art-Net compatible devices.
- Synchronise video playback to 2 SMPTE timecode inputs
Arena & Avenue Difference
Arena does everything Avenue can and adds a number of premium features.
- Projection Mapping
- Edge Blending
- SMPTE Timecode input
- Denon StageLinq
- DMX Control
- DMX Fixture Output
- Capture Card Output
- Slice Transforms
What's New In Resolume 7?
You now have a little guardian angel looking over your shoulder. Made a mistake? Just hit undo and you're back to where you were. Accidentally removed a deck instead of renamed it? Hit CTRL + Z and all your clips are back. Phew!
Undo is also a great design tool. Feel free to experiment with the look of your clips, apply effects, change the colors and if you do not like what you see you can always go back with undo.
USB License Dongle Option
With the Resolume USB Dongle you have a very flexible way to manage your Resolume Avenue 7 and Arena 7 license.
Register your dongle once and then insert it into any computer you like, start Resolume and it's registered. A dongle does not require online verification after registration so it's perfect for use on computers that are kept offline.
Color Eye Dropper
Pick a color from anywhere on your screen and apply it in your composition.
Multiple MIDI Devices
What's better than an APC40? Two APC40's!
Connecting multiple MIDI devices was always possible but their MIDI signals would get mixed. Resolume can now distinguish MIDI coming from different devices making them work nicely together almost magically.
Improved Random Playback
Random playback was always a bit too ... well ... random. But you now have a lot more control over random playback. You determine how often it will jump to a new random position and how far it is allowed to jump.
Color Palette Animation
Pink Green Pink Green Pink Green Pink Green
Animate your favorite colors in a color palette.
You can now determine how often a clip should loop before advancing to the next.
MetaBalls, Sine Wave, Spiral
They say it's more sustainable to buy local produce. So we worked together with The Hague based artist Darien Brito to create a few versatile generators so you can create even more visuals right within Resolume.
Free Updates for 12 Months
Starting with version 7 you receive free updates for 12 months when you buy a Resolume license. After this period you can renew your license to receive updates again. This is not a subscription. Your last eligible update will always continue working. Read our blog post to learn why we're doing this. Checkout this support article for all the details.
Let's Get Technical
A lot of under-the-hood changes have been made to make Resolume run faster, more efficient and more robust.
FFGL 2.0 Plugins
The FFGL plugin standard is updated to version 2.0. Plugins can now receive Audio FFT input to create audio visualizers. Parameters can be spinners or drop-downs. Parameter ranges can be customised and are not limited to always 0.0 - 1.0 anymore. The documentation & examples are also improved on the GitHub repository.
FFGL 2.0 now requires OpenGL 4.1 so plugins that work in version 6 will not work in version 7, those plugins will need to be updated by the developer who created them.
Improved Media Manager
Clip reconnecting in the Media Manager is simplified to make it faster and more robust.
Native ProRes Playback
Resolume can now play ProRes video on both macOS & Windows. Alley 2.1.0 can convert ProRes to DXV.
Get 50% discount on all software licenses if you are a student, teacher or represent an educational institute. Please contact with your dealer to get form to apply for educational discount.
Alley Video Player & Converter
Resolume Alley is a super quick lightweight video player and video converter. It plays all your media files, including DXV files, straight from the file browser. Convert your video files to DXV in just a few clicks. Download here.
DXV 3 Codec
The Resolume DXV codec is by far the fastest video codec for Avenue and Arena. It let's you work effortlessly with a lot of layers and high resolution video.
The DXV codec is free and included in the Arena, Avenue and Alley installers.
High Performance Codec
With the DXV 3 Codec you can mix more video layers on a higher resolution than any other codec. How? By doing all the hard work on the hardware that does it best: the video card.
Easy to Use
DXV comes with just a few settings that are designed to deliver maximum performance with minimal loss of quality. Let the codec do the thinking so you can do the mixing.
The DXV codec can also store an alpha channel. This is essential for preserving transparency in complex video compositions.
Adobe DXV Plugins
We have created a set of Adobe DXV exporter & importer plugins that enable rendering with the DXV codec in Adobe Premiere Pro, Media Encoder and After Effects.
The DXV Codec is a cross-platform QuickTime codec. Any QuickTime enabled application on Mac and PC can render video files to DXV.
RESOLUME VJ Software System Requirements:
- Windows 7 SP 1 or later, 64 bit
- AMD or NVIDIA graphics card with 256MB of VRAM
- 4GB RAM
- OS X 10.9 or later
- AMD, NVIDIA or Iris Pro graphics card. 256MB of VRAM
- 4GB RAM
- Windows 10 / OSX Mojave
- i7 Processor, 2.6 GHz
- NVidia RTX 2070 (PC) / Radeon Pro 560X (MAC)
- 16GB RAM