Grand VJ 2 (license) software ARKAOS
This is License on mail version of Grand VJ
GrandVJ is a VJ software and video mixer allowing to compose up to 16 layers of Video on the fly. Take any video from your hard drive, add effects to it and start making your own video show driven from most MIDI controllers.
It's the perfect VJ solution from ArKaos!
GrandVJ is state of the art Vj software for live performers and video artists.Controlled by MIDI, it syncs with the DJ’s output via Pioneer ProDJ Link or timecode.
This live performance VJ software is easy to master and lets you perform the way you want!
TrackDJ source to synchronize visual playback to external DJ controllers.
Support for Timecode over Art-Net.
More precise beat synchronization of visuals.
GrandVJ has Multiple NDI in- and outputs.
QUICKTIME AND 64 BITS
Since all applications are now in 64 bits and Apple does not provide QuickTime in 64 bits, GrandVJ now uses FFmpeg to read all QuickTime codecs.
There is no need anymore to install QuickTime on Windows. In the previous versions of GrandVJ, QuickTime was used to play ProRes encoded video.
AVAILABLE WITH ABLETON LINK
Ableton Link is a technology that keeps Link enabled applications in time over a local network. Link synchronizes musical beat, tempo and phase across multiple applications running on one or more devices.
GrandVJ is known for its ease of use and ‘dead simple’ customization. And now, with Ableton Link built into GrandVJ, users have an added video functionality allowing for the incredible accuracy and synchronization of video to the beat.
PLAY. MIX. PERFORM.
Manipulate, trigger and mix video clips with sound, animated text strings or live cameras in much the same way as mixing music to create a spectacular audiovisual show. GrandVJ live performance software can mix up to 16 layers with a vast library of video effects, transitions and sound driven visual generators.
The A/B crossfading mode with independent preview makes it an incredibly flexible VJ software tool to perform live, and the Browser Preview feature lets you preview visuals, effects, transitions and sources before sending them to the output, just like a DJ previews his next track in his headphones.
WORKS WITH ALL SETUPS AND MIDI CONTROLLERS
GrandVJ runs on both PC and Mac and accepts all common video and image formats. Its intuitive interface lets you turn your keyboard into a super controller so you can easily zip through the functions of this versatile live performance software.
GrandVJ's "learn mode" makes it a breeze to set up any MIDI controller and and thanks to the network based OSC protocol you can even control the VJ software with an iPhone or an iPad. Hook it up and start the show!
VJS & DJS REUNITED THROUGH TIMECODE AND TRACKDJ
GrandVJ receive timecode and TrackDJ information
Timecode is an important way to sync video. GrandVJ MIDI video software supports both audio encoded SPMTE timecode and timecode over Art-Net. This second option in GrandVJ is extended to include BPM and artist/track name information, and thanks to this, it’s now very easy for the VJ to track the real-time creative work of DJs as they are playing live.
Here is a list of some exciting possibilities for our live performance software:
- Visuals automatically follow the music the DJ is playing. (allowing the VJ to… Explain the benefit for VJ).
- Visuals are precisely in-sync with the music (lip-sync, subtitles, etc.).
- Visuals can automatically and precisely pulse on the beat of the music.
- DJ has immediate control over the visual performance by changing track, BPM and executing loops in close collaboration with the VJ.
The first adopter of TrackDJ is ShowKontrol, which allows GrandVJ MIDI video software to communicate with the highest tier Pioneer DJ players, widely considered to be a universal industry standard brand. ShowKontrol supports Pioneer’s most versatile and powerful DJ players including the NXS2 and TOUR1 ranges and upwards.
TrackDJ is also supported by Mixxx, the popular, free open-source DJ software application, which has been updated by ArKaos to send the TrackDJ information.
VJ SOFTWARE EASY AS 1, 2, 3,...
GrandVJ is very easy to customize to each user's preferred setup. The VJ software’s interface can be modified quickly to fit individual needs and preferences, making it one of the easiest VJ software solutions for VJs at any level.
Functioning as a MIDI video software solution in its own right, mapping MIDI controllers with the new learn mode is as easy as pressing keys on your device, but you can also import predefined presets for the most common MIDI controllers.
GrandVJ now also has Multiple NDI in- and outputs, as well as being fully integrated in the extensive NDI product ecosystem,as a versatile live performance software.
NDI allows you to transport over a network connection several video sources. Connect your computer running GrandVj on the local network using Cat5,6 cable you can now send and receive any NDI sources present on the network .
The applications compatible with NDI are numerous, from the remote cameras of Panasonic to free softwares such as Skype or OBS .
The number of NDI sources that you can add to your network are practically limitless. The limitation of similtamus NDI stream will be the bandwidth of your network . A single 1920×1080@30 fps NDI stream needs at least 125 Mbps of dedicated bandwidth.
NDI® (or Network Device Interface) is a free protocol to send Video over IP. It is designed to allow the distribution of live professional video content over an existing IP infrastructure, freeing users from current hardware constraints. This means that NDI doesn’t just cut back on cost, but also drastically reduces deployment time.
NEED SOME FOOTAGE?
The VJ software installer that you can download from this website already comes with some SD video loops to get you started... But do you also need high quality content? The boxed version contains the same installer but adds an additional USB drive stuffed with 4.53 GB of HQ video footage ready to be mixed in the live performance software.
Synth/Mixer Mode: Yes
Led Mapper/Kling-Net Mapper: No
Video Mapper: No
Geometrical Correction: Basic
- Powerful video-mixing software
- No-limit performance and production
- State of the art multi-threaded hardware accelerated graphical engine
- A unique, easy-to-control, customizable interface
- Dual synth / mixer mode
- Receives sound and MIDI from any audio sequencer compatible with VST plug-ins
- Mixer mode with A/B deck and independent preview
- Browser Preview feature allowing to preview visuals, effects, transitions and sources before displaying them in the output window
- Real-time access to all mixing parameters
- Full MIDI / keyboard mapping of all mixing parameters
- Bidirectional communication with controllers supporting generic MIDI feedback
- Support for ReWire
- Support for Open Sound Control (OSC) protocol mapping
- Support for Quartz Composer .qtz files as Sources and Effects (Mac OS X only)
- Multi-screen support with Soft Edging
- Automated Video Generators
- Alpha Channel support in images and videos
- Upgraded Effects Library, with more than 40 effects
- 37 transitions, each featuring 4 parameters plus a fade time
- High-resolution output
- Support of most common media formats including Quicktime, Mpeg 2, Mpeg4, Mkv, Vob, Windows Media, and Flash text & animations with ActionScript3
- Support for movie's audio through FFMpeg (supports most formats)
- Multiple camera support
- Hardware accelerated video engine
- Takes advantage of multi-core CPU
- Compatibility with Mac and PC and all MIDI controllers
RECOMMENDED MIDI CONTROLLERS
APC Mini + MIDIMIX
APC Key 25
Numark NuVJ Video Mixer
RECOMMENDED MINIMUM SYSTEM CONFIGURATION
OS: Windows™ 7, 8 or 10
Processor: Intel Core i3 (and Intel Core i5 Haswell recommended)
Media Component: DirectX™ 9.0c (and up)
OS: Mac OS X 10.13 till 10.15 (10.16 Big Sur and M1 currently not supported)
Processor: Intel Core i3 (and Intel Core i5 Haswell recommended)
RAM: 2GB, 4GB recommended
Graphics processor: 3D accelerated graphics card required: nVidia GeForceFX 5200 (and up), ATI Radeon 9200 (and up), Intel GMA 950 (and up), ...
Free Space: 300MB - 1.5GB depending on the installer options